- What can you write about?
- How much do you charge?
- How do I get a quote for a project?
- Can you work for me at my business premises?
- What does the price you quote me include and exclude?
- I'm happy with the estimated quote, what needs to happen to start the project?
- How long will it take to complete my copywriting project?
- Is there anything else important that I need to know?
Given a little time for research I can write about anything. There are certain areas of which I have a degree of pre-existing knowledge from personal interest or previous jobs. A brief version of this varied list includes:
- Public health
- The higher education sector in the UK
- The regulation of the health professions
- Sports and remedial massage
- Gardening and landscaping
- Southern Africa – history, politics and travel
- Web design and development
- Software development
- Sports: touch rugby, netball, running and general fitness
- Teaching English as a foreign language
- Knitting, crochet and other crafts
- Food - growing, cooking and baking
As every project is different I quote on a project-by-project basis.
I will give you a quote for the entire project, and only in exceptional circumstances will I charge on an hourly basis.
Prices are very competitive, and a discount is available for charities and not-for-profit organisations.
You can either call me to discuss your project over the phone, or email me a project outline that tells me:
- what it is you need written,
- how long you need it to be,
- what you need it to achieve, and
- who your target audience is.
If you have a very urgent and imminent deadline for the project I'd need to know that too. I'll then give you a call to discuss your requirements and get back to you with a quote within 24 hours. For straightforward projects I may be able to get back to you immediately.
Yes, I may be able to do that for depending on the other projects I am working on at the time.
For most work that Core Copywriting does, fees are quoted on a fixed cost basis, so you know the full price for the project upfront.
This price will include an initial briefing meeting (if one is necessary), a first draft, as well as two revisions of this draft. This fee does not include out-of-pocket travel expenses for travel beyond Brighton & Hove (including 20-mile radius) or London (Zone 1-6).
Any additional work on the project, resulting from a change in the agreed project brief, may incur an additional charge. This will be made on an hourly rate, agreed at the start of the project.
If you didn't supply one originally I will require a written project brief from you before starting the project. You may have written one already, or alternatively I could send you my own briefing questionnaire which will give you an idea of exactly what I need. The better the project brief, the better the final product.
Based on this I will be able to give you a final quote and completion date.
Depending on the type and complexity of the project I may also need to organise a face-to-face meeting and some additional consultations over the phone. For smaller, less complex projects we can easily complete all the briefing and planning using email and the telephone.
You will also need to let me know if your business has any branding and/or style guide that I need to stick to.
Unfortunately I honestly can't tell you before I have the details of your project. However, as soon as I do have them I will be able to give you an estimated completion date. This date may need to be modified slightly if the project brief delivers a few surprises that were not initially discussed.
Please bear in mind that any writing project requires some to-ing and fro-ing between the writer and the client. So your available time will also be a key factor in working out the final delivery date.
Yes! Please read the terms and conditions [pdf]. They contain all other important information as well as that seldom-read small print.
Why use a freelance copywriter?
- Writing expertise on demand
- A fresh perspective on your product or service
- Jargon-free writing that is easy to read
- Writing that makes things happen
Why use this copywriter?
- Ten years of writing and editing experience
- A dedication to meeting deadlines
- Knowledge of more than just writing, including publishing and print processes, website development, web usability and information architecture
- Professional service